Google AdSense is one of the best Ad network program run by Google, which allows content sites (publishers) to serve advertisements by putting small amount of HTML into their sites and have ads appear on their sites. You as a publisher get paid from Google AdSense cost-per-click(CPC) basis. This is one of the best ways to monetize a blog or site. If you have a content site and fulfill below criteria then you can apply for a Google AdSense account. Your application will undergo various phases like applying, verifying, reviewing and activating.
9 eligible criteria you need to fulfill before applying for a Google AdSense Account
1) Purchase a top-level domain (TLD).
2) Apply with a new domain.
3) You must be owner of the site/blog with root access.
4) High-quality content.
5) Minimum age limit.
6) Your site/blog should be in compliance with AdSense Policies
7) Age of the site/blog.
8) Primary language of the site/blog.
9) Content categories.
Now, I will discuss each and every point elaborately.
1) Apply with a TLD: The top-level domains are .com, .org, .net, .gov, .biz and .edu. For example bloggersite.com, bloggersite.org ete are having good chances of getting approval easily. You can use Country code top-level domain(ccTLD) also. For example ccTLD for India is .in. So bloggersite.in has equal level of priority with bloggersite.com. Never apply with subdomains or subdirectories.
2) Apply with a new domain: I recommend applying for AdSense account with a fresh domain. Avoid applying for Adsense account which was purchase from someone else.
3) You are the domain owner: Google verify the ownership of the site. When you apply for an AdSense account, AdSense will give you a small code which you have to put in header section of your site. Make sure that you have admin/root access to the site.
4) High quality content: Always make sure that you have good quality content and also check the contents are arranged as per Google user experience guide. You must have seen some poor quality sites showing AdSense ads. Don’t get motivated from such sites. The owner might have inserted the ad code from already approved account. I recommend, after creating decent amount of content, one should apply for AdSense account.
5) Minimum age: If you are below 18 years still own a website. That is really great. But you can’t apply for AdSense account. Anyone which is above 18 can apply for AdSense on your behave. Payment will be sent to him/her bank account only.
6) AdSense policy: Make sure that your site content is in compliance with AdSense Policies before applying.
7) Age of the site: Getting an approval for active AdSense account is not that easy now-a-days. A decade back when AdSense was launched, getting an approval was very easy. There are trillion of sites. Google can’t give AdSense approval to some poor quality sites. Google has a restriction on domain age to ensure that the site has decent amount of pages. The domain age must be more than 6 months before applying for AdSense. This is not a generic rule. Some site with high quality content may get approved in 2-3 months but this rule is applicable for most the Asian countries like India, Pakistan ,China and Bangladesh. I recommend you to create as much as quality content for 6 months and then apply for it irrespective of your country. Another good reason behind this is that in 6 months bloggers learn a lot about blogging and many related things.
8) Supported language: AdSense is not supported in all languages. Please check the list of supported languages. Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese(Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian *, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian *, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu and Vietnamese.
The language marked with * can show only ads but AdSense account interface is still not supported.
9) Content category: Google never accept applications from the site/blog that contains below listed types of content. Read the details Content Policies from Google.
1) Adult content
2) Dangerous or derogatory content
3) Recreational drugs and drug-related content
4) Alcohol-related content
5) Tobacco-related content
6) Healthcare-related content
7) Hacking and cracking content
8) Pages that offer compensation programs
9) Misrepresentative content
10) Violent content
11) Weapon-related content
12) Content that enables dishonest behavior
13) Illegal content
Firstly, check the above listed criteria and if you think that your site has satisfied all the conditions then go ahead and apply for an AdSense account. Google AdSense will review your application and intimate the status through email in 24 hours. Important thing is that don’t get frustrated if your application gets rejected. You can re-apply again and again as many times you want once the flaws pointed out by AdSense are rectified. In Youtube, you will get many videos where youtubers give tips to get an approval in 2-7 days. All these are not at all true. Never get diverted by such videos.